Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Stina



As I mentioned before, I'm working on a photographic documentary of the village I live in. Last weekend I got the chance to intervue and photograph the oldest lady in Kyrkås. Her name is Stina Eriksson and she is 92 years old and lives on her own in a house on a farm. She was very talkative but unfortunately I don't understand the local dialect very well yet and I could only pick up the general idea of what she was telling us.
I went to her house in the company of an elderly couple living next door to us because Stina is suspicious of strangers. She was robbed not long ago when she opened her door to a man a woman who pushed her over and took her money from her. How someone can do something so cowardly to a sweet and frail old lady is beyond my understanding.

No comments: