Friday, 28 November 2008

Hounds and Starry Skies

It has been cloudy for weeks now so my plans of taking pictures of the night sky have been delayed somewhat. In fact tonight was the first time I got the chance to try it again and straight away I discovered another problem. I don't mean the two dogs from the house closest to the old church who ran out barking and trying to bite me, and I don't mean the owner of the house who kept trying to spot me with his (or her?) spotlight either. No, the problem now is the snow. I mentioned before how I had realised there was a lot of light pollution around and that I would have to find a darker place. Well I did, or I would have if it hadn't been for the snow now acting as a giant reflector. I miss the nights in the Kalahari. They were dark. Really dark.

The old Church of Kyrkås has been around since the 12th century and is still used today. It seemed like a good setting for something as timeless as the stars.

MH_Church_Old_Kyrkås_005

2 comments:

Mikael said...

Riktigt snyggt Mattias! Vart lite sugen på att fota ikväll då det faktiskt var stjärnklart, men det blev inte av.
Har du blixtrat något på denna bild?

Mattias Hagström said...

Ingen blixt, bara ficklampa.